Quick and Easy Pancakes
This is a really simple recipe, perfect for whipping up little fluffy pancakes in a hurry. Serve with maple syrup, blueberries, sliced bananas or however you like!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 30g melted margarine or butter
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar. Then mix in the egg, milk and melted butter.
- Whisk until combined and there’s no big lumps (I just use a hand whisk – super easy!).
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan, spray with oil. Then spoon in the mixture and cook on medium heat for a couple of mins on each side until little bubbles start to show. Flip onto the other side until light golden brown. (You may need to respray the pan with oil after cooking a few).
- I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop and pour the mixture into the pan, so the pancakes are the same size. Less arguing amongst kids that way!
- There seems to be some universal law that the first pancake never turns out well, so don’t be put off if this happens!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!