Delicious Orange Cookies – crisp on the outside, soft in the middle. These egg-free cookies have a tasty hint of orange zest. Plus, they make the kitchen smell amazing! This recipe makes approx 32 cookies. You can freeze them too. Only press them very lightly with a fork on the baking tray – don’t flatten as they’ll spread!
- 1 cup sugar
- 225g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 or 4 tsp orange zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale. Add orange juice and zest. Mix again.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Place balls of dough onto the lined baking tray. Press very lightly with a fork (don’t flatten).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on rack, and enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!