Oat & Carrot Cake
A delicious Oat & Carrot Cake topped with luscious cream cheese icing. This recipe is by Harraways.
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup Harraways Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups carrot, grated
- ½ cup sultanas
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 50gm butter, softened
- 125g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 23cm cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, spices and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the oats and sugar, and add the walnuts, carrot, sultanas. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl whisk eggs, oil and vanilla. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add liquid ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once the cake is cold spread over the icing.
- To make the cream cheese Icing: Beat the butter and cream cheese together until well combined.
- Stir in icing sugar and then beat until light and fluffy.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!