Who could refuse a slice of this luscious Lemon Pavlova??! SUPER tasty and so refreshing, with an easy-to-make creamy lemon custard inside.
Each step is really straight forward… plus there’s no leftover egg yolks from making meringue.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Lemon Custard ingredients
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 250 ml cream thickened
- Preheat oven to 120°.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add 1 1/2 cups caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence and lemon juice.
- Spoon mixture into a greased and lined pie dish. Bring up the sides to leave a well in the centre. Bake for 1 hour 15 mins. Leave in oven until cool.
- In a saucepan, add the 6 egg yolks, caster sugar and lemon juice. Whisk over a low heat until thickened.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Whisk 250ml cream until thick. Add lemon zest to the chilled lemon mixture, and whisk also. Fold in the thickened cream.
- Gently spoon into the cooled pavlova.
- Chill in the fridge for 2+ hours. Enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!