(Gluten-Free) Fudgy Brownie
This fudgy chocolate brownie is very tasty, and can be made gluten-free. The recipe comes straight from the Kitchen Aid collection. You can follow their directions below to make gluten-free, or use standard flour to make a non-gluten free version which I’ve done before. I cooked the brownies in the photo for about 26 mins, then left the whole slab in the fridge overnight (in a sealed contained). It then sliced up beautifully the next morning and was delicious!
- 250g butter, chopped
- 250g good quality dark chocolate (gluten free)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup gluten free plain flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (preferably Dutch Cocoa)
- ½ tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 100g toasted hazelnuts or cashews*, roughly chopped
- extra cocoa and icing sugar, for dusting
*Toasting the nuts helps develop the flavour, but you can just use untoasted raw nuts if you prefer (I often do!). To toast nuts, fry them gently in a dry pan over a low heat for couple of minutes, tossing so they don’t burn.
For a wheat based version, replace Gluten-free plain flour with plain standard flour, use a good quality chocolate and omit the Xanthan gum / gluten substitute.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan). Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm pan.
- Heat butter, chocolate, brown sugar and vanilla essence in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring constantly until smooth, melted and glossy. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, sieve together the flour and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer – whisk together the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy. Reduce the speed. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and flour, and mix until combined.
- Add the toasted nuts and fold through.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes or until just set. Set aside to cool completely.
- Dust with extra cocoa and icing sugar. Cut as desired.
See the full details at www.kitchenaid.co.nz/blogs/kitchenthusiast/fudgy-gluten-free-chocolate-brownies
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
This recipe featured on The Cafe, Monday 12 October 2020