Choc Nut Cookies
These Choc Nut Cookies are a real winner in my house. I like to break up my favourite block of chocolate to use – if you prefer cookies less sweet then use chocolate with a higher cocoa content. You can swap the nuts or add fruit if you prefer. This recipe makes approx 30 cookies.
Makes approx 30 cookies.
- 225g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175°C, line a baking tray (don’t grease).
- Mix together butter, sugar, vanilla essence and egg.
- Fold in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the nuts, chocolate. Mix together and use your hands to form a dough.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and space out on baking sheet. Flatten a little.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until just starting to turn brown. Leave on tray for a couple of minutes then cool on rack. Enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Made on The Cafe Weds 9th September 2020