Chicken & Veggie Rice Paper Rolls
A quick and easy dinner or after school snack idea. Mix and match whatever fillings you like, such as pre-cooked chicken, prawns or ham. I’ve made up a Citrus Dipping Sauce.
(Also pictured – Easy Ramen Noodle Soup).
- 1 x carrot, grated or cut into matchsticks
- 1 x small cucumber, grated or cut into matchsticks
- 1 x cup shredded lettuce
- 1 x thinly sliced avocado
- 1 x cup cooked shredded chicken / or cooked prawns / shaved ham
- 1 x pack MAGGI 2-Minute Noodles Chicken
- 1 x pack rice paper roll wrappers
- Fresh mint and coriander leaves (optional)
- Pre-cook MAGGI 2-Minute Noodles as per packet directions – drain and leave to cool
- Prepare veggies.
- Lay out chicken, vege, noodles in bowls or on a board
- Prepare rice paper roll rounds as per the packet instructions.
- Build your rice paper rolls by laying a small amount of the veggies, protein and cooked noodles in a third of the round rice paper roll. Then the ends in, and roll up into a cylinder shape.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce, eg sweet chilli or soy or try the Citrus Dipping sauce below.
Citrus Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- Juice of two oranges
- Juice of 1/2 a lime or lemon
- 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
Mix all ingredients together – simple!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
This recipe featured on The Cafe, Thursday 29 October 2020