Chicken, Mushroom & Leek Pie
Creamy chicken, mushroom and leek pie with golden puff pastry. Easy to cook and delicious to eat!
- 50g butter
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3cm chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup bacon, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced (or 1 leek, 2 spring onions)
- 250g mushrooms (white button, chopped)
- 2 Tbsp fresh Thyme leaves
- 250g Crème Fraiche
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 sheets of frozen puff pastry, slightly thawed.
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Preheat a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Heat butter and brown seasoned chicken. Remove from pan.
- Add bacon, leeks, mushrooms and thyme and sauté. Return chicken to the pan.
- Add crème fraiche and mustard and cook for 2 minutes. (Don’t overcook the veggies as they will be going into the oven).
- Lay two sheets of pastry onto the lined baking tray, to form the base (the pastry will slightly overlap). Spoon on the mixture, leaving a 1 cm gap around the edge.
- Brush edge with water and top with the second two pastry sheets to form a lid. Use a fork to press the edges together.
- Brush with a beaten egg, and bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Friday 17 April 2020 – filmed during Formal Friday hence the dress!