Brie & Cranberry Bites
These little beauties have all the deliciousness of baked brie, wrapped in a handy puff pastry bite! We have a house full of family coming over Easter and I know these will be a great treat to hand around, especially now the weather’s cooling down. I just made two batches – one using Castello Double Cream Brie and a second with Double Cream Chilli, which has a great little chilli kick.
You can make these in advance in the morning. Then store in the fridge until you’re ready to pop them into the oven.
You can’t really go wrong with these – if you over-fill, the sauce and cheese will start to ooze out, but I don’t consider that a bad thing!
The following makes 16 mini bites from a frozen puff pastry sheet, using a 1 inch cookie cutter. These are definitely petite – think finger food for a party. You can easily double the recipe to make more, or make the bites bigger by using a larger cookie cutter to create more substantial bites.
- 1 x frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- Approx. 50g Brie
- Tbsp of cranberry jelly (store bought),
- Couple of walnuts, chopped
- Egg for glazing
- Preheat oven to 190°.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out circles from puff pastry sheet. Use your fingers to help spread half of the circles out a little bigger. (These will be used as the tops, and need to be a little larger to cover the filling.)
- Place the bottom rounds on a lined baking tray. Spoon approx. 1/8 tsp cranberry jelly on top, a couple of small chopped walnut pieces, and a small cube of brie.
- Put the (larger) pastry circles on top, seal the edges with a fork, and pop a fork hole in each.
- Brush each top with a little beaten egg.
- Bake for 12-15 mins, until puffed up and golden.
Leave to stand for 10 mins before serving (to allow hot filling to cool). Can be served warm, or at room temperature.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!