Breakfast Pancakes & Super Smoothie with Harraways Oats
Start your day with the goodness of oats! These breakfast pancakes are super tasty, with the hint of raspberry. Perfect served up with a drizzle of maple syrup and this healthy Super Smoothie on the side!
Breakfast Oat Pancakes
- ¾ cup Harraways Raspberry & Coconut Oats
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¾ cup milk
- 25g butter, melted, plus extra for cooking
- Seasonal fresh fruit and maple syrup, to serve
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, and make a well in the middle. Combine egg, milk and melted butter, and pour into the well. Add rolled oats and stir to combine.
- Leave to sit for 5 minutes. Beat egg white until just stiff and fold through batter.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Melt a little butter and allow to sizzle, then drop in ¼ cup of pancake batter. Cook until bubbles appear, then flip. Cook the other side until golden.
- Place pancakes on a warmed plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with fresh fruit and syrup.
- 1 cup of milk (or soy, almond or oat milk)
- ½ cup Greek or unsweetened plain yoghurt
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- ½ cup frozen or fresh mixed berries (e.g. blueberries, strawberries, raspberries etc.)
- 1 sachet (or 45g) of Harraways Oat-activ
- 3 ice cubes
- For extra protein – add 2 tablespoons of protein powder
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Recipes courtesy of Harraways
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Made on The Cafe Friday 2 October 2020