Blueberry & Oat Muffin Loaf
- 1.5 cups self raising flour*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g Westgold butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
*If you don’t have self-raising flour, then use 1 ½ cups plain flour and 1 ½ tsp baking powder.
*I used salted butter because we’re in lockdown, and that’s in my fridge! Usually I would used unsalted butter in baking.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and grease a loaf tin.
- Mix flour, sugar and oats together.
- Add about 3/4 cup of the blueberries (save a few for later), and the cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter with milk and egg, beating lightly to combine.
- Once mixed, pour into the dry mixture and gently stir through (will still be lumpy).
- Spoon into loaf tin. Dot the remaining blueberries on top.
- Bake for 50 mins.
- Leave in tin for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Wednesday 8 April 2020