Woooohhh these Halloween GingerDEAD Men are terrifyingly tasty! Plus, it doesn’t matter if you accidentally break an arm or leg while making!
- 350g flour
- 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100g butter
- 170g light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
For royal icing:
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 180°.
- In a bowl, sieve flour, ginger and baking soda. Mix in the butter (by hand may be easiest).
- Mix in brown sugar and golden syrup and egg. Mix to form a dough.
- Tip out onto a floured surface, and roll out to approx 5mm thick.
- Cut out gingerbread shapes… losing a few heads or limbs along the way. I love this bit because you can cut off any bits you don’t like!
- Bake for 10-12 mins. Cool on rack
For royal icing
- Whisk the egg white until foamy. Mix in icing sugar and lemon juice until there are no lumps.
- Pipe or drizzle bandages over the gingerbread men when cold.
Add a little food colouring to the mix to create blood.
I use a clean plastic medicine syringe (that you get from the pharmacy) to make the little eyes or dots.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!